Re: Church records for Dara

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2003
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Ron Milliken <rmilliken@s...>
      wrote:
      > I found the census, it is LDS film 0722686. I did a LDS Family
      > for Dara, and found no other records available. Usually LDS has
      church
      > records on microfilm, but I can find none for Dara. Any idea what
      > regional church would include the Dara church records?
      >
      > Ron

      Ron

      Dara (Sk, Rusyn, Hungarian) was a Carpatho-Rusyn village, which
      no longer exists.

      LDS had conflicting information listed re its records.

      R.C. parish church records (1844-1895) exist for Dara, Slovakia.
      Listed under Snina.

      Greek Catholic parish records (1770-1895) for Starina (Stará
      L'ubovna), Slovakia; formerly Sztarina, Sáros megye, Hungary.
      Text in Latin, Hungarian, and Church Slavic.

      film #
      17393893
      17393894 item 1 and 3

      G.C. parish church records (1845-1868) for Starina (Humenné),
      Slovakia; formerly Sztarina, Zemplén megye, Hungary.
      Text in Latin, Hungarian, and Church Slavic.

      film #
      17393894 item 2

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/