Church records for Dara

  • Ron Milliken
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
      I found the census, it is LDS film 0722686. I did a LDS Family Search
      for Dara, and found no other records available. Usually LDS has church
      records on microfilm, but I can find none for Dara. Any idea what
      regional church would include the Dara church records?

      Ron

      Ron Milliken wrote:

      >Does anyone know if the 1869 Hungarian census is available for the
      >village of Dara, northeast of Snina?
      >
      >Ron

    • Frank
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2003
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Ron Milliken <rmilliken@s...>
        wrote:
        > I found the census, it is LDS film 0722686. I did a LDS Family
        > for Dara, and found no other records available. Usually LDS has
        church
        > records on microfilm, but I can find none for Dara. Any idea what
        > regional church would include the Dara church records?
        >
        > Ron

        Ron

        Dara (Sk, Rusyn, Hungarian) was a Carpatho-Rusyn village, which
        no longer exists.

        LDS had conflicting information listed re its records.

        R.C. parish church records (1844-1895) exist for Dara, Slovakia.
        Listed under Snina.

        Greek Catholic parish records (1770-1895) for Starina (Stará
        L'ubovna), Slovakia; formerly Sztarina, Sáros megye, Hungary.
        Text in Latin, Hungarian, and Church Slavic.

        film #
        17393893
        17393894 item 1 and 3

        G.C. parish church records (1845-1868) for Starina (Humenné),
        Slovakia; formerly Sztarina, Zemplén megye, Hungary.
        Text in Latin, Hungarian, and Church Slavic.

        film #
        17393894 item 2

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/