Re: [S-R] Grandfather, Joannes Sedlak

  • John M,
    Message 1 of 2 , May 25, 2003
      At 10:35 PM 5/25/2003 +0000, you wrote:
      >I am looking for any information on my grandfather Joannes Sedlak (John
      >Sedlock, in America). He was born on December 13, 1888 or 1889. He
      >married Elisabetha Gaspar(Elizabeth, America) on May 19, 1913 in Bonne
      >Terre, Missouri. They both have said they came from Tuhrina,
      >Slovakia.

      There is a listing for Lubomír Gašpar in Tuhrina in the SK online
      directory. None for Sedlak in Tuhrina but in Vranov nad Toplou, a few
      miles to the east, there are several. Presov, about 12 miles to the
      northwest, lists 70 Sedlak.

      > I don't know if that was the name when they were born. Any
      >information would be helpful. Is there anybody I can contact in that
      >area? Thank-you.

      You might try a Slovak letter to the mayor of Tuhrina and/or one to Lubimor
      Gaspar.

      Lubomír Gašpar
      52, Tuhrina
      051/7790173 - Phone

      The Roman Catholic church records for Tuhrina are on LDS films: FHL INTL
      Film [ 1792021 Items 3-5 ] and FHL INTL Film [ 1792022 Items 1-4 ]

      John M.