Re: [S-R] Smilno, Hungary

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 6 , May 24 11:00 PM
      Dear "sjashburn",
      Smilno is about 15 km NNE from Bardejov, Kurima (not Kurina) is approx the
      same distance SE from Bardejov.
      To find them you need a very good map.
      It would help to motivate other people to help you, if you would at least
      put your name under your request.
      Best reagrds,
      Vladimir Bohinc

        > I have been looking for the town where my ggreat grandfather, James Malek,
        > lived. I believe it is Smilno, Saros County, Hungary. I need some help in
        > locating this town in Slovakia. I downloaded the 1910 map of Saros, but
        was
        > unable to find it. Also, my ggrandmother, Mary Bresnay, came from a town
        in Saros
        > called Kurina. The 1869 Hungarian census shows a Breznai living in Kurina
        > and I think it may be her family. Am unable to find that town either.
        Would
        > appreciate any help. Thanks.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • sjashburn@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 25 9:31 PM
          Thanks for showing me where the towns are. I found them on Map Quest which
          was a great help. Hope to get film from LDS center on the town of Smilno and
          Kurima to find records for James Malek and Mary Breznay.
          Shirley A.

        • Jackiestich@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 25 9:35 PM
            HELLO THERE,
            WHAT IS MAP QUEST
            MEAN AND MORE EXPLAIN IT.
            THANK YOU,JACKIE STICH

          • Nick Holcz
            Message 5 of 6 , May 25 10:26 PM
              At 12:35 AM 26/05/2003 -0400, you wrote:
              >HELLO THERE,
              > WHAT IS MAP
              > QUEST
              >MEAN AND MORE EXPLAIN IT.
              > THANK YOU,JACKIE STICH

              Map quest is a web site on the internet where you can look for places
              anywhere in the world Click on address below and follow instructions.
              Nick

              http://www.mapquest.com/main.adp
            • sjashburn@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , May 26 7:18 AM
                Map Quest is a web site that gives the location of a town in any country.
                Click on mapquest.com and it will give you directions to a town you wish to
                visit.
                Shirley A.