Re: [S-R] Slavic Not Slavish

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2003
      Dear Marty,
      In no way, Slavish should mean Slovak. This word Slavish was coined by
      people, who did not know the correct english word for people of Slavic or
      Slovak roots.Especially then, when there was no Slovakia yet and Slovaks
      were not so much distinguished by the name Slovak.
      It obviously is confined only to some parts of US. You will never hear this
      word here.Poles and Slovaks are both Slavic.
      Vladimir