Re: [S-R] Given name VASIL

  • Richard D. Custer
    Message 1 of 4 , May 18 4:33 PM
      Hello Eleanor,

      I assume they were members of St. Nicholas R.O. Church in Duquesne. In my
      data of research I did with that church's records, I see a John Chobirka and
      Anna Yuhas who had children baptized there in 1918, 1920, 1923, and 1924.
      John Chobirka was born in Boks~a (Boksha), Zemplyn County. Today this
      village is in northeast Slovakia, near the towns of Stropkov and Svidnik.
      http://www.carpatho-rusyn.org/villages.htm

      Stropkov: http://www.jewishgen.org/Yizkor/stropkov1/stropkov.html#index
      http://www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org/Stropkov/Villages.htm