Vuksta

  • Alison M. Basar
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2003
      I have just recently been interested in my Slovak roots. I hear that my great grandfather/mother came from a village called Trnava. What is the best way to find info on relatives if they are all passed?

      Thanks

    • Frank
      Message 2 of 3 , May 18, 2003
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Alison M. Basar"
        <alisonbasar@y...> wrote:
        > I have just recently been interested in my Slovak roots. I hear
        that my great grandfather/mother came from a village called Trnava.
        What is the best way to find info on relatives if they are all passed?

        > Thanks

        Trnava (Slovak) Nagyszombat (Hungrian) Tyrnau (German) is located 26
        miles NE of Bratislava.

        The Slovakia telephone directory lists a Vladimír Basár under
        Bratislava.
        Then I haven't been in Bratislava since 1946.

        But, Vuksta is a Carpatho-Rusyn surname.
        I would expect it to be found in eastern Slovakia or the Ukraine.

        If this was your great GPs surname, what was surname religion ?
      • Alison M. Basar
        Message 3 of 3 , May 19, 2003
          Hey Thanks!

          Well, I've been told that BASAR is Croatian - - but, I know it's a popular last name in other countries as well. My grandpa was from Croatia, but I'm not sure what part. The Slovak Vuksta side is Catholic. Let me know if you have any other info - - I appreciate it. Thanks!
          Alison

          <alisonbasar@y...> wrote:
          > I have just recently been interested in my Slovak roots. I hear
          that my great grandfather/mother came from a village called Trnava.
          What is the best way to find info on relatives if they are all passed?

          > Thanks

          Trnava (Slovak) Nagyszombat (Hungrian) Tyrnau (German) is located 26
          miles NE of Bratislava.

          The Slovakia telephone directory lists a Vladim�r Bas�r under
          Bratislava.
          Then I haven't been in Bratislava since 1946.

          But, Vuksta is a Carpatho-Rusyn surname.
          I would expect it to be found in eastern Slovakia or the Ukraine.

          If this was your great GPs surname, what was surname religion ?

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT