Village of Origin

  • Gary Costel
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17 11:10 AM
      I would like to know if anyone has a suggestion to help me determine my
      g-grandfather's village of origin. I obtained a copy of his
      naturalization application (circa 1903), and it only lists country of
      origin---Austria Hungary.

      He immigrated in March, 1880, but the ship manifest, again, only lists
      country of origin and not village name.

      He didn't have a social security card, so that takes care of the last
      possible document I would think would provide a name.

      The remaining family members do not know the village name, and a copy of
      his obit does not provide it.

      I am at my wits end, and would appreciate any suggestions.

      -Gary