Re: [S-R] Plavnica Cemetery

  • Alyssa Eppich
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2003
      Michael,
      thanks so much for putting that 1910 map of Saros up on your site. I was
      able to confirm the "counties" that my great grandparents listed as being
      their native areas. Just looking at it put me into another world!

      Alyssa
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2003

        I may be wrong on this but I visited Plavnica and went to the
        cemetery in 1999 and I think it was located to the SE of town.
        We were looking for Starinsky gtave sites. We approached from
        Bardejov to the east and it seemed like the church was at the
        west end of town. We stopped at the parish house and my cousin
        asked for directions to the cemetery and someone offered to guide
        us there. My cousin was driving so I didn't pay too much attention
        but I thought we went to the south and east of the church. I'm
        away from home at this time so I can't reference my photos or
        video of the visit but I'll check on my return.

        Since there are Catholics and Lutherns in the town could there
        be more than one cemetery?

        John M