Re: [S-R] Plavnica Cemetery

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2003
      John,
      The cemetery in Plavnica on a hillside just to the west of the town. As
      you head west out of town toward Stara Lubovna you climb a hill. At the top
      of the hill, look right and you can see the cemetery.
      Click on the link that follows. This is my Home Page. In Family Photos
      click on Plavnica. It is a view of Plavnica from that hill top west of town.
      You can see the cemetery on the far left.
      http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/m/o/j/Michael-Gregory-Mojher
      Michael Mojher

      Message 2 of 3 , May 1 5:21 AM
        Michael,
        thanks so much for putting that 1910 map of Saros up on your site. I was
        able to confirm the "counties" that my great grandparents listed as being
        their native areas. Just looking at it put me into another world!

        Alyssa
        > The cemetery in Plavnica on a hillside just to the west of the town.
        As
        > you head west out of town toward Stara Lubovna you climb a hill. At the
        top
        > of the hill, look right and you can see the cemetery.
        > Click on the link that follows. This is my Home Page. In Family Photos
        > click on Plavnica. It is a view of Plavnica from that hill top west of
        town.
        > You can see the cemetery on the far left.
        > http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/m/o/j/Michael-Gregory-Mojher
        > Michael Mojher

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Comcast
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1 8:26 AM

          I may be wrong on this but I visited Plavnica and went to the
          cemetery in 1999 and I think it was located to the SE of town.
          We were looking for Starinsky gtave sites. We approached from
          Bardejov to the east and it seemed like the church was at the
          west end of town. We stopped at the parish house and my cousin
          asked for directions to the cemetery and someone offered to guide
          us there. My cousin was driving so I didn't pay too much attention
          but I thought we went to the south and east of the church. I'm
          away from home at this time so I can't reference my photos or
          video of the visit but I'll check on my return.

          Since there are Catholics and Lutherns in the town could there
          be more than one cemetery?

          John M