Re: Abrahamfalu, Hungary

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20, 2003
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Rita R <sunnyrita2003@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hello,My father, his parents and eight siblings arrived in New York
      between 1906 and 1908. They came from Abrahamfalu near the town of
      Kesmarok, which is now in Slovakia. They settled in Gloversville,
      N.Y.My grandfather's name was Elias Schwartz. Also his brother Simon
      came from Sz Darocz, which name was changed to Sarisske Dravce. Where
      would I find the Jewish records for these people? Any help would be
      appreciated.Rita Rubin (nee Schwartz)

      Rita

      A'brahámfalu (H) Abrahámovce (Sk)
      They came from or was born there ?
      Its Jewish records are listed under Vys^né Raslavice (1877-1880 only)
      Jewish congregation registers of births, marriages and deaths for
      Slovenské Raslavice, Slovakia; formerly Tót-Raszlavicz, Sáros megye,
      Hungary.
      Includes Uhorské Raslavice, Abrahámovce, Janovce, Kobyly, Trocany,
      Vaniskovce, Demjata, Giraltov, Hubosovce a Jur, Malý Slivník, Mosurov,
      Radvaj, Terna, Tulcík, Vel'ký Slivník, Záhradné, and Zatkovce.
      Text in German.

      film #
      1920569

      Szepesdarócz (H) S^aris^ské Dravce (Sk)
      Its Jewish records (1850-1895) are listed under Brezovica, Slovakia.
      Brezovica, Slovakia, formerly known as Berzevice, Sáros megye
      (county),Hungary.
      Text in German and Hungarian.

      film #
      1792033

      The LDS-Mormons has filmed all the parish church records at six
      of the seven regional Slovak State Archives in Slovakia.

      Family History Center (FHC) worldwide.

      LDS - Mormon FHCs - LOCATIONS