CZUNA/CUNA/KUKA

  • Jean/Harry Helbrecht
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15 8:05 PM
      Hello all,
      My ancestors surname was Tomas Czuna in 1758 his son's name was Tomas
      Cuna 1812 and my relatives in Slovakia now use the surname of Kuka.
      They do not know when or why it changed. Can anyone help me?
      My GGG Grandfather
      TomasCzuna born 1758 in Turany, Slovakia Married Zuzanna Holko Sept. 02
      1810, born 1785 daughter of Matus and Katarina Ujtsek
      Their son
      Tomase Cuna born Feb. 18, 1812
      Married Katarina Vojt Oct. 16 1836 in Turany Slovakia daughter of Matus
      Vojt and Katarina Hrib
      Their children
      Andreas Cuna Born Dec. 4 1837 in Turany Slovakia Died Nov. 30 1906 in
      Turany
      Katarina Cuna Born Feb. 25 1843 in Turany Married Jan Kollan
      Andreas Married Anna Kissa Oct. 16 1859 daughter of Tomase Kissa and
      Zuzanna Dubovecky. She was Born Dec. 10 1836 in Krpellany Slovakia and
      died April 08 1890 in Turany
      Andreas and Anna had 5 children all born in Turany
      Zuzanna Cuna Born July 14 1862
      Pawel Cuna Born August 12 1863
      Jan Cuna Born Jan. 24 1866
      Maria Cuna Born Jan. 01 1872
      Juraj Cuna Born April 24 1872
      Zuzanna Cuna Born January 1876 died Jan. 29 1931 in Athabasca Canada
      researching CZUNA, CUNA, KUKA, UJTSEK, HOLKO, VOJT, HRIB,
      DUBOVECKY AND KISSA
      Regards
      Jean