SZEKELY ???

  • llpeters@muscanet.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 1999
      I DON'T KNOW FOR SURE IF THEY EVER USED THE NAME SEKEY. BUT I
      I KNOW THEY CHANGED IT ABOUT 5 TIMES.YES SZEKELY HAS BEEN AMERICANIZED

      AS SEKEY. I HOPE THAT WE CAN CONNECT.HERE ARE ALL THE NAMES THAT WE
      THINK THEY HAD.

      IT STARTED AS szekely,sekel,sekely,sickels,sickles..sickle.

      JOHN'S DAUGHTER ANNA WAS BORN AS A SZKELELY. BUT WHEN SHE GOT MARRIED

      IT IS LISTED AS SEKEL.WE HAVE COPIES OF A BAPTISMAL RECORD FOR ANNA.

      IT LIST DIFFERENT NAMES. WE JUST CAN'T READ IT..IT IS STAMPED FROM

      A CZECH CHURCH.PLEASE E-AIL ME DIRECT. I DO KNOW THAT JOHN AND FAMILY

      STAYED IN P.A. FROM 1886- ABOUT 1905.THEY WORKED IN THE COAL MINES..
      THANKS, LISA