Re: [S-R] Digest Number 1132

  • Barbara A Foote
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2003
      Is anyone researching the name of Szabo - Sabo or Gyuran from Gomor Hungary ?
      or Becker from the German parts of Hungary ?
      --
      Barbara A Foote
      Stake Family Search Center Director
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2003
        Czokoly and Vincze
        Is Gomor the same as Gomor-Kis-Hont?

        Richard

        Richard W.Thomas
        Royal Oak,Michigan USA
        Thomas,Badgerow,Ferrier,Stock,Bevins,Ferguson
        Czokoly,Vincze,Kovach,Hess,Younglove

        http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/t/h/o/Richard-William-Thomas-MI/index.html

        rthomas109464@...

        Is anyone researching the name of Szabo - Sabo or Gyuran from Gomor Hungary ?
        or Becker from the German parts of Hungary ?
        --
        Barbara A Foote
        Stake Family Search Center Director
        Magna, Utah Stake

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Vera Holman
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2003
          In the surnames I am researching is a "SABO", Today it is Slovakia that the town is in, Michalovce. I am taking a quess as to the town that was printed on a photo of one of the older generation. Upom visiting and shopping in McKeesport, Pa. in my teen years, Mother was talking to another lady and I couldn't undetstand her new language as it wasn't Slavic. It was the language of Hungarian people. Later my Mother told me that there didn't seem to be any boundry between them and the people in Hungary. So , it was country of Czechoslovakia that my Mom grew up in. She was a SABO, daughter of Anna Kudra(o) and George Sabo.
          Best wishes,
          Vera Holman, Las Vegas.

          Is anyone researching the name of Szabo - Sabo or Gyuran from Gomor Hungary ?
          or Becker from the German parts of Hungary ?
          --
          Barbara A Foote
          Stake Family Search Center Director
          Magna, Utah Stake

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • R D Gale
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2003
            To: Vera Holman
            Minnesota has a congressman named Martin Sabo - FYI - Bobbi Gale

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 7, 2003
              FYI There is a SABO family in Sleepy Hollow NY
              R D Gale <rdgale_ink@...> wrote:To: Vera Holman
[...]

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT