Help with translations

  • kathiraisa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2003
      Good afternoon
      Could someone please help. I have a bunch of words that I think are
      Hungarian, but I cannot get them translated on on-line dictionaries. They
      are from the church records of Kosicke Hamre, Austria-Hungary.
      Évben
      Hénap' Napján
      Neveik
      A' Keresztelënek
      A' Kereszteltnek
      A' Szüléknek
      Vallásek
      Rendjök és Állapetjuk
      Nevel a' Kerészt-Atyának, és Anyának
      Lakhelyëk
      Krstení
      Zomrelí
      Sobásení

      Any help, suggestions, advise will be much appreciated!
      Thank you!
      Kathi-Raisa Petrick
      Maryland

    • John M,
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2003

        http://www.bmi.net/jjaso/
        http://www.bmi.net/jjaso/Hungarian_Terms_and_Phrases.html

        >Évben
        >Hénap' Napján
        >Neveik
        >A' Keresztelënek
        >A' Kereszteltnek
        >A' Szüléknek
        >Vallásek
        >Rendjök és Állapetjuk
        >Nevel a' Kerészt-Atyának, és Anyának
        >Lakhelyëk

        Below are Slovak terms:

        >Krstení Baprism
        >Zomrelí Death
        >Sobásení Marriage

        John M
      • kathiraisa@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2003
          In a message dated 4/5/2003 3:45:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          jmatsko4@... writes:

          > http://www.bmi.net/jjaso/
          > http://www.bmi.net/jjaso/Hungarian_Terms_and_Phrases.html
          >
          > >Évben
          > >Hénap' Napján
          > >Neveik
          > >A' Keresztelënek
          > >A' Kereszteltnek
          > >A' Szüléknek
          > >Vallásek
          > >Rendjök és Állapetjuk
          > >Nevel a' Kerészt-Atyának, és Anyának
          > >Lakhelyëk
          >
          > Below are Slovak terms:
          >
          > >Krstení Baprism
          > >Zomrelí Death
          > >Sobásení Marriage
          >
          > John M

          John

          Thank you so much! Now I am able to understand much better! Even though the
          handwriting and some scribbles are another challenge!
          Best regards.
          Kathi

        • John Venham
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2003
            From my limited knowledge of Hungarian

            evben = in the year
            He(t)nap= week
            napjan = on the day
            neveik = his/their name
            A' Sz�l�knek = the parent's ____

            Nevel a' Ker�szt-Aty�nak, �s Any�nak=
            with the name of the Baptism-father's, and mother's

            Hope this helps...I know the translations are a bit
            clunky...

            Good Luck

            John

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 6, 2003
              In a message dated 4/6/2003 4:17:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
              jevenham@... writes:

              > From my limited knowledge of Hungarian
              >
              > evben = in the year
              > He(t)nap= week
              > napjan = on the day
              > neveik = his/their name
              > A' Szüléknek = the parent's ____
              >
              > Nevel a' Kerészt-Atyának, és Anyának=
              > with the name of the Baptism-father's, and mother's
              >
              > Hope this helps...I know the translations are a bit
              > clunky...
              >
              > Good Luck
              >
              > John

              Thank you, John, that has helped a lot.