Re: [S-R] Re: BODNAR TOKAZIK SMAJDA KOCZAN GIMANT(D) MIKLOS BALYICZKI JAKAB POKRINYAK

  • Ron Milliken
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2003
      Parics is a suburb of Trebisov, and was a separate village years ago.
      It is seen spelled Paric^ov, Paric^, Parits, and Parics. In old
      records, I usually see it spelled Parits or Parics.

      Ron

      Frank wrote:

      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Doris W." <midwig@p...> wrote:
      > >
      > > These are the names I'm researching:
      > >
      > > BODNAR, TOKAZIK Parics
      > >
      > > SMAJDA MIKLOS GIMANT(D)
      > >
      > > KOCZAN - Puszta Major
      > >
      > > BALYICZKI Palocz
      > >
      > > JAKAB POKRINYAK Parno
      > >
      > > JUHASZCSIK
      > >

      > > Doris
      >
      > I am not researching your surnames.
      >
      > Parics ?
      > You mean Pazdics (Hungarian) formerly located in Zemplén megye
      > (county), Hungary ; now Pozdis^ovce and located NE of Trebis^ov (Sk),
      > Slovakia.
      >
      > You did not specify surname religion which determines where parish
      > church records are located.
      >
      > For example, the R.C. parish church records for Pazdics (1790-1895)
      > are located under Trhovis^te (Sk), formerly Vásárhely (H), Zemplén,
      > Hungary.
      > Text in Latin and Hungarian.
      >
      > film #
      > 1794070
      > 1794071
      > 1794072
      > 1794073
      >
      > Parnó (H) Parchovany (Sk) is located 215 miles ENE of Bratislava and
      > near Trebis^ov, Slovakia.
      >
      > Palocz/Pálóc (H) Pavlovce nad Uhom (Sk) is located 229 miles east
      > tof Bratislava and near Michalovce, Slovakia.
      >
      > In Hungarian, Puszta (H) is the Hungarian plain and (major) is farm
      > (stead) hamlet, group of houses.
      > Where was your Puszta Major located ?
      > Sometimes 'major' means place name prefix Also'(lower) and 'minor'
      > means prefix Kis (little)
      > The 'puszta' extends all over Hungary.

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=243107.2962286.4439099.2745044/D=egroupweb/S=1705040837:HM/A=1455157/R=0/*http://www.qksrv.net/click-1247917-10124188?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.genealogy.com%2Fcpc%2Ftrial14-census.html%3Fpriority%3D5000203&persist=30>

      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

    • Frank
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2003
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Ron Milliken <rmilliken@s...>
        wrote:
        > Parics is a suburb of Trebisov, and was a separate village years
        ago.
        > It is seen spelled Paric^ov, Paric^, Parits, and Parics. In old
        > records, I usually see it spelled Parits or Parics.
        >
        > Ron

        Ron

        Thank you for location of Parics.
        Spellings that you wrote makes sense.

        I can now find Paric^ov located about 1.4 miles from Trebis^ov and
        near hrad Paric^ on the map.

        Two archaic Magyar letters used in names were :
        ch, ts = modern cs (H)
        Slovak diacritic letter c^ is pron. ch.
        Slovak letter c is pron. ts.