Re: BODNAR TOKAZIK SMAJDA KOCZAN GIMANT(D) MIKLOS BALYICZKI JAKAB POKRINYAK

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2003
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Doris W." <midwig@p...> wrote:

      > These are the names I'm researching:
      >
      > BODNAR, TOKAZIK Parics
      >
      > SMAJDA MIKLOS GIMANT(D)
      >
      > KOCZAN - Puszta Major
      >
      > BALYICZKI Palocz
      >
      > JAKAB POKRINYAK Parno
      >
      > JUHASZCSIK
      >

      > Doris

      I am not researching your surnames.

      Parics ?
      You mean Pazdics (Hungarian) formerly located in Zemplén megye
      (county), Hungary ; now Pozdis^ovce and located NE of Trebis^ov (Sk),
      Slovakia.

      You did not specify surname religion which determines where parish
      church records are located.

      For example, the R.C. parish church records for Pazdics (1790-1895)
      are located under Trhovis^te (Sk), formerly Vásárhely (H), Zemplén,
      Hungary.
      Text in Latin and Hungarian.

      film #
      1794070
      1794071
      1794072
      1794073

      Parnó (H) Parchovany (Sk) is located 215 miles ENE of Bratislava and
      near Trebis^ov, Slovakia.

      Palocz/Pálóc (H) Pavlovce nad Uhom (Sk) is located 229 miles east
      tof Bratislava and near Michalovce, Slovakia.

      In Hungarian, Puszta (H) is the Hungarian plain and (major) is farm
      (stead) hamlet, group of houses.
      Where was your Puszta Major located ?
      Sometimes 'major' means place name prefix Also'(lower) and 'minor'
      means prefix Kis (little)
      The 'puszta' extends all over Hungary.