BODNAR TOKAZIK SMAJDA KOCZAN GIMANT(D) MIKLOS BALYICZKI JAKAB POKRINYAK

  • Doris W.
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2003
      These are the names I'm researching:

      BODNAR, TOKAZIK Parics

      SMAJDA MIKLOS GIMANT(D)

      KOCZAN - Puszta Major

      BALYICZKI Palocz

      JAKAB POKRINYAK Parno

      JUHASZCSIK

      Doris

    • Frank
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2003
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Doris W." <midwig@p...> wrote:

        > These are the names I'm researching:
        >
        > BODNAR, TOKAZIK Parics
        >
        > SMAJDA MIKLOS GIMANT(D)
        >
        > KOCZAN - Puszta Major
        >
        > BALYICZKI Palocz
        >
        > JAKAB POKRINYAK Parno
        >
        > JUHASZCSIK
        >

        > Doris

        I am not researching your surnames.

        Parics ?
        You mean Pazdics (Hungarian) formerly located in Zemplén megye
        (county), Hungary ; now Pozdis^ovce and located NE of Trebis^ov (Sk),
        Slovakia.

        You did not specify surname religion which determines where parish
        church records are located.

        For example, the R.C. parish church records for Pazdics (1790-1895)
        are located under Trhovis^te (Sk), formerly Vásárhely (H), Zemplén,
        Hungary.
        Text in Latin and Hungarian.

        film #
        1794070
        1794071
        1794072
        1794073

        Parnó (H) Parchovany (Sk) is located 215 miles ENE of Bratislava and
        near Trebis^ov, Slovakia.

        Palocz/Pálóc (H) Pavlovce nad Uhom (Sk) is located 229 miles east
        tof Bratislava and near Michalovce, Slovakia.

        In Hungarian, Puszta (H) is the Hungarian plain and (major) is farm
        (stead) hamlet, group of houses.
        Where was your Puszta Major located ?
        Sometimes 'major' means place name prefix Also'(lower) and 'minor'
        means prefix Kis (little)
        The 'puszta' extends all over Hungary.