US immigration

  • Nick Holcz
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
      I have looked at Ellis Island records unsuccessfully,but I think that 1924
      is too early.
      Any advice on where to look please?
      Nick
    • John M,
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
        At 02:57 PM 4/2/2003 +0800, you wrote:
        >I have looked at Ellis Island records unsuccessfully,but I think that 1924
        >is too early.
        >Any advice on where to look please?
        >Nick

        Nick,

        I'm not certain what you're looking for but if it's immigration records you
        might try:

        http://www.archives.gov/research_room/genealogy/immigrant_arrivals/passenger_records.html

        John M.
      • Nick Holcz
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
          JohnM
          I am trying to find out when my aunty moved to the US.(I was looking for
          some online database) unfortunately I do not even know if she went before
          she was married or not, because if she was married I am lost as I do not
          know her married name.
          Thanks
          Nick

          At 12:04 AM 2/04/2003 -0700, you wrote:
          >At 02:57 PM 4/2/2003 +0800, you wrote:
          > >I have looked at Ellis Island records unsuccessfully,but I think that 1924
          > >is too early.
          > >Any advice on where to look please?
          > >Nick
          >
          >Nick,
          >
          >I'm not certain what you're looking for but if it's immigration records you
          >might try:
          >
          >http://www.archives.gov/research_room/genealogy/immigrant_arrivals/passenger_records.html
          >
          >John M.
          >

          >To unsubscribe from this group, go to

        • John M,
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2003
            At 03:23 PM 4/2/2003 +0800, you wrote:
            >JohnM
            >I am trying to find out when my aunty moved to the US.(I was looking for
            >some online database) unfortunately I do not even know if she went before
            >she was married or not, because if she was married I am lost as I do not
            >know her married name.
            >Thanks
            >Nick

            I don't know of any online source for the information you're looking for
            with the information you have on hand. I think you're best bet is to try
            to narrow it down by contacting Slovak authorities in the town she was from
            or a genealogist that works in that area. Have you used the SK online
            directory to check the town she was from to see if there are people with
            the same surname you might write to for leads?

            John M.