post

  • Melanie Villemont
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 1999
      My maternal grandmother, Magdalena Hurban, was born in Gajary, Slovakia, on May 27, 1891. Her parents were Martin and Tekla (nee Zelenkova) Hurban. She emigrated to the US about 1910 and married Stefan Bucek on July 7, 1912 in Guttenberg, NJ. Stefan Bucek was born about 1893. I assume he was born in the same area as my grandmother, but I have no records. Family correspondence indicates locations Gajary, Malacky, Bratislava and Male Levare.

      Any help anyone can give me in researching my mother's ancestors would be very much appreciated!

      Best regards,

      Melanie Villemont (mville@...)
      Winslow, Maine