SUREK SURAK ZURICK

  • Elizabeth Dente
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2003
      I know we have been discussing the misspelling of names by authorities - but my husband's maternal grandfather seemed to spell his name differently over the years. In the 1900 census he lists himself as ZURICK and I can find other families by that name in the area (Beaver Brook, McAdoo, Kelayres PA). Later he changed the name to SURAK and SUREK (which is what is used today). Is this common? Thanks,
      Liz Dente