Veneskey

  • Steve Veneskey
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 17, 1999
      Hello John,
      My husband's family comes from 20 to 25 miles east of
      Pittsburgh in Cambria Co. and town of Carrolltown. Steve's ( my husband

      ) great grandfather, Clement, came from Poland in 1900 and he had 13
      children and Steve's grandfather, Zigmont, had 13 children. I know
      there was a brother who came to the U.S. with Clement and I'm sure there

      families were large, also.
      Steve's mother, Rose Gormish, is Slovak. I would like to be
      able to give her as much info about her family as I have about the
      Veneskeys. She grew up in Barnesboro. I know her mother went to a
      little Slovak Lutheran Church.
      Thank you for resonding to my e-mail. It's always nice to
      here from people who live close to Pap's Veneskey home.
      Have a Happy Day, Karen