ROLL CALL

  • Marianne50614@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 24 8:30 PM
      Researching the following families:

      In JURKOVA VOLA/Nyzny Orlik/Felso Orlik (Saros), near Svidnik:
      Petruska, Babjak/Babyak/Babiak, Sefcik/Schefcsik, Ilykanin/Ilykanics, Szkirkanics, Feczenko, Blanyar/Blanar, Kotulics, Feczkanin, Zavada/Zavoda, Feczusso, Miskiv, Bacsik/Bacik (came to NJ & eastern PA, later settling in NJ, PA, OH, NY, CT -- first generation born in U.S. living in or moving to NJ, PA, OH, NY, CT, NC, FL, SC, VA, CA, IL, TX)

      In UNGVAR, Hungary/UZHOROD, Ukraine area: Zurilla/Zsurilla/Surilla, Duna, Holic/Holik/Holics, Zaguya/Zaguja, Maskarinecs, Havriliak/Havrilak, Koromlyan/Koromlan, Bercik/Vercik/Bersik/Versik (came to NJ, NY & PA, later settling in those states -- first generation born in U.S. living in or moving to same states listed above.)

      Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide.

      MARIANNE

      http://aim.aol.com/aimnew/Aim/register.adp?promos=380455
    • Caye Caswick
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 25 12:17 PM
        I have a close friend who's maiden name was Zavada -- so if you'd like more information, contact me directly at ccaswick@... -- thanks.
        Caye

        Marianne50614@... wrote:Researching the following families:

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Mar
        Message 3 of 4 , May 27, 2007
          Thanks for the "Roll Call".

          Here is my/our information I am researching from the former
          Czechoslovakia (and Hungary):

          Paternal:
          KATZ (Kacs): S.W. Ukraine, Village of Klucharky (Várkulcsa - Hungarian)

          MOSKOWITZ (Moskovic): N.E. Slovakia, Town of Michalovce (Nagymihaly -
          Hungarian)

          Maternal:
          EHRENREICH: N.E. Slovakia, Village of Poruba pod Vihorlatom
          (Németvágás - Hungarian)

          WIND: S.E. Slovakia, Village of Ladmovce (Ladamocz - Hungarian)

          Thanks,
          Marshall Katz
          Camp Hill, PA
        • helene cincebeaux
          Message 4 of 4 , May 27, 2007
            Really have enjoyed the variety of names and villages
            on roll call

            I would be glad to look up one surname in the Slovak
            Pride database - 25,975 listings for SR members and
            give contact info for the others listing that surname.

            helene

            http://sims.yahoo.com/