Re: [S-R] ova - is there a meaning to that

  • Marty
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2003
      I read some where recently that in Slovakia they made it a law to have ova after a womans name. The women wanted it, national pride. I have my grandmorhers baptismal certificate and her name i Vincek-ova. I thought I read that on here. Marty
      vwonxtc <maze_r@...> wrote:On some post cards from my great grand aunt. She say her name as
      Kondrcova (My grandmothers last name here is Kondrc) I see that
      there is one or two with the name in Slovakia area right now with
      Kondrcova. Well i figure they are the same name, but does anyone
      know why the would have cut it off? or is there a proper meaning for
      the OVA. I remember vaugly that it has to do with it being a women,
      but i could be wrong.

      Thanks

      Dave

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor