Re: Re: D. before names in RC records

  • sabinov@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 16, 1999
      Hi Joe,

      That thought occured to me, but I don't think so, altho the Joseph
      Neczasek who was the father of the Joseph in the records was supposed to
      have been a doctor according to family story written down in Sabinov
      later.

      But that wouldn't explain the D. in front of everyone's name......
      especially the bride who was only 16.

      I also thought of "deceased" but that of course made no sense for the
      living couple.

      I guess I just need to keep digging!

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Maura Petzolt Mobile Alabama USA
      sabinov@...
      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
    • JArcher360@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 16, 1999
        Another thought on the D before the name--perhaps it represents some form of
        a prayer, with D being short for Deus. The Irish nuns always put a cross on
        the top of everything they wrote--letters, etc. Since a cross in the church
        records of Slovakia usually indicated that the baby had died, perhaps the D
        is a prayer? Just a thought. Caroline