Re: Introduction (and a question)

  • Joan Hendershot
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 16, 1999
      Hi Debbe & Mira:

      I grew up in the little mining town of Taylor, Pa. In the Phelps Patch
      section of Taylor. The lady who lived about 3 houses up from us was Mrs.
      Mudrak. She was ancient when I was a young girl and am sorry to say I know
      nothing about the family.

      If this is an area you are interested in, there are churches there that may
      give you a clue.

      Joan
    • PleaseNA@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 16, 1999
        Hi Debbe. I know that you received an answer to you question all ready. I
        just wanted you to know that you aren't alone. My grandparents came from
        Hungary. The 1920 census states Aust-Pol, and his death certificate says
        Czech. To top it all off the town he was born in (Munkacs) is now part of the
        Ukraine! What a mess <g>
        Good luck
        Karen G

        We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust our sails
        L.I.T.S.C.H.A.U.E.R.,K.R.A.I.C.S., G.A.L.V.A.N.O., B.A.R.T.O.L.O.M.E.O.,
        B.A.U.E.R., M.U.E.L.L.E.R.,.M.A.N.N.A.R.I.N.O., A.D.D.E.R.