An Introduction / Researching OREOL, YOKUM, RAICH from KACHOVKA / KAKHOVKA

  • richcrft
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 1999
      Hello. My name is Dianne Zurlo. Both my Grandmother and Grandfather on my
      father's side are from the Ukraine. I still have little to go on for my
      Grandfather, but am hoping to fill in some of the following information on
      my Grandmother's side:

      1. My Grandmother is Reva (Rae) Oreol (maiden name), born in Kachovka /
      Kakhovka, Ukraine, 1898. Died in Los Angeles, CA, 1967. Her parents were
      Pavel Oreol, who married Ester Yokum. I am interested if anyone knows of
      other brothers and sisters who were from the marriage, and who their
      descendents are.

      2. Reva (Rae) Oreol was from a family of 14 children, three of whom
      immigrated to this country. Rae Oreol married Samuel Raich (changed
      spelling to Rich), and had two children: Irene and Marvin. Rae's sister's
      married name is Anna Yokum. Anna had at least two children, Suzannah (died
      at age 21 from diabetes) and Adolph. Her brother changed his name, last
      name unknown at this time, first name Jack. I am interested in knowing if
      Adolph had any children, and if anyone has any information on brother Jack.

      Thanks in advance. I will probably be doing a little lurking until I can
      fill out some more information.

      Dianne Zurlo