Re: [S-R] Gavel's near Lesnica

  • John M,
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6 8:36 PM
      At 06:44 AM 3/6/2003 -0800, you wrote:

      >Yes,John. I'm sorry, let me clearify. I have searched the LDS films and
      >found my family from Lesnica. All siblings came to the US but the youngest
      >son, my uncle, stayed in Slovakia. His name was Laureatius (maybe Latin).
      >My grandfather's obituary metioned his brother Lawrence. So he was alive
      >in 7-3-1958. How can I find more info on Lawrence in Slovakia?
      >Gratefully,
      >
      >Patricia

      You might write to the village office to find out where the records for the
      village are located. My mother's village records post 1895 were located 15
      miles away in Bardejov and my father's village records were in a village
      about 3 miles away from his village. I'm not certain what success you
      might have getting the records by mail. I was fortunate enough to be able
      to visit the locations where they were held with relatives and obtained
      typed official certificates of the information I was looking for. Perhaps
      others may have obtained information by mail and might comment.

      John M.