Re: [S-R] Gavel's near Lesnica

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2003
      Dear Patricia,
      Could you contact me directly on this subject? I can help you out.
      Regards,
      Vladimir Bohinc
      konekta@...

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2003
        At 06:44 AM 3/6/2003 -0800, you wrote:

        >Yes,John. I'm sorry, let me clearify. I have searched the LDS films and
        >found my family from Lesnica. All siblings came to the US but the youngest
        >son, my uncle, stayed in Slovakia. His name was Laureatius (maybe Latin).
        >My grandfather's obituary metioned his brother Lawrence. So he was alive
        >in 7-3-1958. How can I find more info on Lawrence in Slovakia?
        >Gratefully,
        >
        >Patricia

        You might write to the village office to find out where the records for the
        village are located. My mother's village records post 1895 were located 15
        miles away in Bardejov and my father's village records were in a village
        about 3 miles away from his village. I'm not certain what success you
        might have getting the records by mail. I was fortunate enough to be able
        to visit the locations where they were held with relatives and obtained
        typed official certificates of the information I was looking for. Perhaps
        others may have obtained information by mail and might comment.

        John M.