Re: [S-R] Name

  • elmerville2
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2003
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Joan Hendershot"
      <jhender3@r...> wrote:
      > Most of the Kerekes I have were found in Moldava Nad Bodvou. A
      few in
      > Ratka.
      >
      > Joan

      Joan,

      1930 Cuyahoga County,Ohio, Bedford Village Cenus lists
      Edward & Anna Kerekes with 8 kids Edward
      Jr.,Anna,Joseph,Mary.Margaret,William,Julius,Clara. In 1930 Edward
      was 51 and Anna was 43. I remember the Kerekes family, they were
      Slovak. Bunch today living in Kosice. Check the white page phone
      directory in Slovakia.
      If you want more info let me know.

      Paul Yurtinus
    • rpkerek@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2003
        Thank you everyone for all your information on the Kerek name.
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2 6:08 AM
          Absolutely yes.
          Take a look at this list http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/sc/oconee/misc/foreign-names.txt
          for possibilities. There is no "official" translation of many names. Often times, it's a matter of personal preference on what they choose to call themselves.
          Bill Tarkulich