Gavel's near Lesnica

  • patricia gavel
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2003
      Hello All,

      I have a Lawrence Gavel b 8-10-1895 Lesnica, Slovakia. He lived in Slovakia; never coming to the US. Any suggestions on where to look next in Slovakia.

      Thank you, Patricia

    • Ron Milliken
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 5, 2003
        If you're looking for his ancestors try the LDS microfilms of the church
        records from Lesnica:

        Title Cirkevná matrika, 1749-1897
        Authors Cirkev rímsko-katolícka. Farský úrad Lesnica (Ves Spisska Stará)
        <http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=authordetails&authorno=471627&name=Cirkev_r%C3%ADmsko-katol%C3%ADcka._Farsk%C3%BD_%C3%BArad_Lesnica_%28Ves_Spisska_Star%C3%A1%29,_null>
        (Main Author)

        Note Location
        Film
        Kristení 1749-1896 Sobásení 1749-1897 Zomrelí 1750-1890 Birmopvaní 1824,
        1832, 1852, 1869, 1876, 1893 FHL INTL Film
        1739441 Items 3-7
        Zomrelí 1891-1896 FHL INTL Film
        1739442 Item 1

        Ron Milliken

        patricia gavel wrote:

        > Hello All,
        >
        > I have a Lawrence Gavel b 8-10-1895 Lesnica, Slovakia. He lived in
        > Slovakia; never coming to the US. Any suggestions on where to look
        >
        > Thank you, Patricia

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        > <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=242398.2790439.4182129.2745044/D=egroupweb/S=1705040837:HM/A=1455157/R=0/*http://www.qksrv.net/click-1247917-10124188?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.genealogy.com%2Fcpc%2Ftrial14-census.html%3Fpriority%3D5000203>

        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

      • John M,
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 5, 2003
          At 05:51 PM 3/5/2003 -0800, you wrote:

          >Hello All,
          >
          >I have a Lawrence Gavel b 8-10-1895 Lesnica, Slovakia. He lived in
          >Slovakia; never coming to the US. Any suggestions on where to look next in
          >Slovakia.
          >
          >Thank you, Patricia

          I'm not certain what your asking for. The RC church registers for Lesnica
          have been microfilmed and can be ordered at LDS FHC sites. Are you looking
          for post 1896 records?

          John M.
        • patricia gavel
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 6, 2003
            Yes,John. I'm sorry, let me clearify. I have searched the LDS films and found my family from Lesnica. All siblings came to the US but the youngest son, my uncle, stayed in Slovakia. His name was Laureatius (maybe Latin). My grandfather's obituary metioned his brother Lawrence. So he was alive in 7-3-1958. How can I find more info on Lawrence in Slovakia?
            Gratefully,

            Patricia

            I'm not certain what your asking for. The RC church registers for Lesnica
            have been microfilmed and can be ordered at LDS FHC sites. Are you looking
            for post 1896 records?

            John M.

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • Vladimir Bohinc
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 6, 2003
              Dear Patricia,
              Could you contact me directly on this subject? I can help you out.
              Regards,
              Vladimir Bohinc
              konekta@...

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 6, 2003
                At 06:44 AM 3/6/2003 -0800, you wrote:

                >Yes,John. I'm sorry, let me clearify. I have searched the LDS films and
                >found my family from Lesnica. All siblings came to the US but the youngest
                >son, my uncle, stayed in Slovakia. His name was Laureatius (maybe Latin).
                >My grandfather's obituary metioned his brother Lawrence. So he was alive
                >in 7-3-1958. How can I find more info on Lawrence in Slovakia?
                >Gratefully,
                >
                >Patricia

                You might write to the village office to find out where the records for the
                village are located. My mother's village records post 1895 were located 15
                miles away in Bardejov and my father's village records were in a village
                about 3 miles away from his village. I'm not certain what success you
                might have getting the records by mail. I was fortunate enough to be able
                to visit the locations where they were held with relatives and obtained
                typed official certificates of the information I was looking for. Perhaps
                others may have obtained information by mail and might comment.

                John M.