Re: [S-R] Researching the KONCIL family name..........

  • John M,
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2003
      At 06:01 AM 2/27/2003 +0000, you wrote:
      >Hi My name is Melissa and I am working on my childrens geneology for
      >them
      >
      >The Koncils that came to America were from the old Cezch and I am at
      >a toatl loss on where to look next.This is the info that I found on
      >the Koncils that were living

      The Ellis Island database lists three Koncils.

      Franz Koncil, Bohemia, arrived in 1905 and was going to his brother Josef
      in Tacoma, WA

      Marie Koncil, Bohemia, arrived in 1910 also going to her brother Josef in
      Tacoma, WA

      Frank Koncil, Cicero IL, citizen, arriving in 1924

      >Elizebeth Koncil Died in 1988 in Portland Oregon she had 1 son that I
      >know of and his name is Edwin but goes by ED.I believe he was born
      >here in America but not sure.
      >This is a list of Koncils that I found
      >Louis Koncil
      >Jerry Koncil
      >Frank Koncil

      Switchboard shows an Elizabeth and Keith Koncil in Colton, OR. It appears
      that not many Koncils arrived through Ellis Island and these two may have
      some connection since they're the only ones listed in the US (using
      Switchboard) and they're residing in the WA/OR area.

      I believe you would have to use the Czech archives to get information on
      the Koncil European ancestors. Unlike Slovakia, I understand the Czechs
      did not permit the LDS to microfilm church records. Bohemia was part of
      Austria before 1918 and then became part of the new state of Czechoslovakia
      that was formed in 1919.

      For US tracking, census records, naturalization records, church, birth and
      death records, etc. should give you much of the information you're looking for.

      John M.
    • nhasior@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 27, 2003
        In a message dated 2/27/03 1:01:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        zepplin28_@... writes:

        > Elizebeth Koncil Died in 1988 in Portland Oregon she had 1 son that I
        > know of and his name is Edwin but goes by ED

        Hello Melissa,
        Are you in contact with Ed Koncil?
        there are three Koncil surname in Colton Oregon
        Edwin,
        Elizabeth
        Keith

        Do you know any of these people?
        Noreen

      • MELISSA M CHRISTIAN
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 27, 2003
          Yes Keith is my kids uncle and Liz is keiths wife and Edwin is Keiths father
          and my kids grandfather.I did ask Keith about the Koncil and he knew as much
          as I knew............
          Thank you Melissa