Researching the KONCIL family name..........

  • melissachristian97801 <zepplin28_@msn.co
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26 10:01 PM
      Hi My name is Melissa and I am working on my childrens geneology for
      them

      The Koncils that came to America were from the old Cezch and I am at
      a toatl loss on where to look next.This is the info that I found on
      the Koncils that were living

      Elizebeth Koncil Died in 1988 in Portland Oregon she had 1 son that I
      know of and his name is Edwin but goes by ED.I believe he was born
      here in America but not sure.
      This is a list of Koncils that I found
      Louis Koncil
      Jerry Koncil
      Frank Koncil

      Please someone help I am lost as how to search this family name now

      Thanks Melissa
    • John M,
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 26 10:39 PM
        At 06:01 AM 2/27/2003 +0000, you wrote:
        >Hi My name is Melissa and I am working on my childrens geneology for
        >them
        >
        >The Koncils that came to America were from the old Cezch and I am at
        >a toatl loss on where to look next.This is the info that I found on
        >the Koncils that were living

        The Ellis Island database lists three Koncils.

        Franz Koncil, Bohemia, arrived in 1905 and was going to his brother Josef
        in Tacoma, WA

        Marie Koncil, Bohemia, arrived in 1910 also going to her brother Josef in
        Tacoma, WA

        Frank Koncil, Cicero IL, citizen, arriving in 1924

        >Elizebeth Koncil Died in 1988 in Portland Oregon she had 1 son that I
        >know of and his name is Edwin but goes by ED.I believe he was born
        >here in America but not sure.
        >This is a list of Koncils that I found
        >Louis Koncil
        >Jerry Koncil
        >Frank Koncil

        Switchboard shows an Elizabeth and Keith Koncil in Colton, OR. It appears
        that not many Koncils arrived through Ellis Island and these two may have
        some connection since they're the only ones listed in the US (using
        Switchboard) and they're residing in the WA/OR area.

        I believe you would have to use the Czech archives to get information on
        the Koncil European ancestors. Unlike Slovakia, I understand the Czechs
        did not permit the LDS to microfilm church records. Bohemia was part of
        Austria before 1918 and then became part of the new state of Czechoslovakia
        that was formed in 1919.

        For US tracking, census records, naturalization records, church, birth and
        death records, etc. should give you much of the information you're looking for.

        John M.
      • nhasior@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 27 4:13 AM
          In a message dated 2/27/03 1:01:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          zepplin28_@... writes:

          > Elizebeth Koncil Died in 1988 in Portland Oregon she had 1 son that I
          > know of and his name is Edwin but goes by ED

          Hello Melissa,
          Are you in contact with Ed Koncil?
          there are three Koncil surname in Colton Oregon
          Edwin,
          Elizabeth
          Keith

          Do you know any of these people?
          Noreen

        • MELISSA M CHRISTIAN
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 27 9:26 AM
            Yes Keith is my kids uncle and Liz is keiths wife and Edwin is Keiths father
            and my kids grandfather.I did ask Keith about the Koncil and he knew as much
            as I knew............
            Thank you Melissa