Re: [S-R] two Vranovs-the endless story

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2003
      If the now already famous Gransmother was born in Vranovske Dlhe, then;
      - when Rc, the records are of the Vranov n.Toplou parish
      -when Ev, the records are of the Kladzany parish
      -when Gc, then the records are of the Sedliska parish
      So simple as that.
      Now, where the people were actually going to chuch is another question. The above mentioned places were the seats of the parish office.
      However, villages around did have and still have also their own churches, so called Filialky, where the rites were conducted, but no records made. After a baptism, marriage or death, a message or a messenger was sent to the parish office to make the appropriate records in the books.Imagine, some parishes were geographically extremely large, so it was just impossible for all people to go to the seat of the parish.
      They had their own churches.
      Vladimir