Re: [S-R] Ancestors from Sopron?

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 20, 2003
      In a message dated 2/20/03 12:33:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      tad719@... writes:
      > This is not a common name in America as I have only found one other family
      > in the entire United States.

      Thomas,
      Did you mean that you have only found one Dombos family which is related to
      you or only one other family with that name?
      i have found people with the surname Dombos in Ohio, Texas, Wisconsin,
      Michigan and North Carolina. did you know about these others.?
      My grandmother's family had a photograph taken in Hungary and the back of the
      photo had a studio name and the studio was in Sopron. So your post caught my
      eye with that subject line. i wondered what my family was doing so far away
      from Presov.
      Noreen

    • Thomas Dick
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 20, 2003
        I have a cousin in Texas named Richard. I have another cousin in Wisconsin named Steve. The ones in Ohio I think are related to my Great Uncle Andrew. I have a few cousins from Allegan Michigan that I don't know where they are now. The other family that I was referring to came from Mihaly Dombos who came to America in the early 1900's. We might be related but so far I can't make any connections. I don't know who might be in N Carolina unless it is one of the Allegan cousins.

        Sorry if I misled anyone. Thanks for the message, it's nice to hear that there may be more of us than I thought. If there is anything I can do for you or anyone else receiving this message, don't hesitate to ask.
        tad719@... writes:
        > This is not a common name in America as I have only found one other family
        > in the entire United States.

        Thomas,
        Did you mean that you have only found one Dombos family which is related to
        you or only one other family with that name?
        i have found people with the surname Dombos in Ohio, Texas, Wisconsin,
        Michigan and North Carolina. did you know about these others.?
        My grandmother's family had a photograph taken in Hungary and the back of the
        photo had a studio name and the studio was in Sopron. So your post caught my
        eye with that subject line. i wondered what my family was doing so far away
        from Presov.
        Noreen

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor