RE: [S-R] cousin question

  • Milan Huba
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2003
      I have. It is very difficult to get a visa to immigrate to the United
      States. We have an immigration quota for every country so each applicant
      ends up on waiting list and waits on it for many years. My nephew came over
      here on a visitor's visa and after he arrived in the United States he
      immediately applied for a permanent visa. He had to hire an immigration
      attorney and the whole process was relatively expensive; but eventually he
      got his green card and has since applied for citizenship. I don't
      necessarily recommend this approach, but it did work for my nephew.