Re: Turzovka

  • Frank <frankur@att.net>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2003
      Karen

      I haven't read message thread re: Book on Turzovka.
      However, the LDS-Mormons filmed the R.C. parish church records
      ((1716-1895) forTurzovka, Slovakia; formerly Turzovka (also called

      Turzófalva), Trencsén megye (county). Hungary.
      Later in C^adca okres (district) Z^ilina region, Slovakia.

      Text in Latin and Hungarian.

      film #
      2062263-2062266

      Slovakia telephone directory lists 11 surnames Salaj under Z^ilina.
      Szalaj is a Magyar surname spelling.
      In Hungarian and Slavic languages the letter 'j' is pron. y.
      In Hungarian the letter 'sz' is pron. s.
      Hence, your surname Salay.