Re: [S-R] Maczko, Macko, Orendas

  • Doris W.
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 9, 2003
      For those of you in the Passiac area, does anyone have any connection to
      Zsoldos or Bandzej (Baudzj/Baudrej) families? My great-grandfather married
      Anna Zsoldos from Passaic. I think Zsoldos was her maiden name, but I'm not
      sure about that. She had three daughters, Mary, Susan & Anna. There may
      have also been a son, Andrew.

      The marriage record at Holy Trinity Church in Pottstown, PA (which is where
      Anna & my great-grandfather married) for Mary said she was the daughter of
      John Baudrej & Anna Zolslos. I find it interesting how the spelling of a
      name changes with each entry.

      I'm wondering when John Baudrej (sp??) died and when the children were
      born. Mary's death certificate said that her maiden name was Bodnar and
      that Michael Bodnar was her father. They same information is on Andrew's
      death certificate. I wonder if people just took the name of adults they
      lived with if their birth father was no longer living. Any ideas?

      TIA

      Doris