Re: [S-R] WERTHEIMER - SCHENK

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 9, 2003
      Dear Mrs.Earnshow,
      The Pezinok Jewish records are available ;
      births
      1851-1938
      marriages
      1851-1940
      deaths
      1852-1918
      I could have a look in those records for you. Maybe some entries of your family are still there.
      Regards,
      Vladimir Bohinc
      www.konekta.sk

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 9, 2003
        At 09:37 AM 2/9/2003 +0100, you wrote:
        >Dear John,
        >Sorry, but I must correct this.
        >Pezinok is North of Bratislava, and was previously known as Boesing.
        >Bratislava was Pressburg.
        >Vladimir

        That is what I was trying to write and what I meant but it was after
        midnight. ;-) From 1808 to 1863 Bratislava was known as Posonium, Posony,
        Pozsony, Pre(German "ss" ?)burg, and Pressporek.

        John M
      • Vladimir Bohinc
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 9, 2003
          Yes, John, no hard feelings. Happens to me too.I corrected it just to prevent somebody to buy a wrong ticket:-)
          Regards,
          Vladimir
          >Pezinok is North of Bratislava, and was previously known as Boesing.
          >Bratislava was Pressburg.
          >Vladimir

          That is what I was trying to write and what I meant but it was after
          midnight. ;-) From 1808 to 1863 Bratislava was known as Posonium, Posony,
          Pozsony, Pre(German "ss" ?)burg, and Pressporek.

          John M

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor