Re: [S-R] WERTHEIMER - SCHENK

  • John M,
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2003
      At 01:56 PM 2/9/2003 +0800, you wrote:
      >Hello Group
      >I'm researching my g-g'parents and any information would be most
      >appreciated.
      >
      >Moritz WERTHEIMER born c1850, possibly Pezinka or Pozinok, Hungary. Married
      >in Pressburg 1874/79 to Rosa SCHENK born c1857 Pressburg, Hungary.

      There is a Pezinok just north of Bratislava which was once known as
      Presburg. The LDS have not filmed this region yet so you will have to
      contact the archive in Bratislava for information.

      John M.
    • Vladimir Bohinc
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 9, 2003
        Dear John,
        Sorry, but I must correct this.
        Pezinok is North of Bratislava, and was previously known as Boesing.
        Bratislava was Pressburg.
        Vladimir

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 9, 2003
          Dear Mrs.Earnshow,
          The Pezinok Jewish records are available ;
          births
          1851-1938
          marriages
          1851-1940
          deaths
          1852-1918
          I could have a look in those records for you. Maybe some entries of your family are still there.
          Regards,
          Vladimir Bohinc
          www.konekta.sk

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 9, 2003
            At 09:37 AM 2/9/2003 +0100, you wrote:
            >Dear John,
            >Sorry, but I must correct this.
            >Pezinok is North of Bratislava, and was previously known as Boesing.
            >Bratislava was Pressburg.
            >Vladimir

            That is what I was trying to write and what I meant but it was after
            midnight. ;-) From 1808 to 1863 Bratislava was known as Posonium, Posony,
            Pozsony, Pre(German "ss" ?)burg, and Pressporek.

            John M
          • Vladimir Bohinc
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 9, 2003
              Yes, John, no hard feelings. Happens to me too.I corrected it just to prevent somebody to buy a wrong ticket:-)
              Regards,
              Vladimir
              >Pezinok is North of Bratislava, and was previously known as Boesing.
              >Bratislava was Pressburg.
              >Vladimir

              That is what I was trying to write and what I meant but it was after
              midnight. ;-) From 1808 to 1863 Bratislava was known as Posonium, Posony,
              Pozsony, Pre(German "ss" ?)burg, and Pressporek.

              John M

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor