WERTHEIMER - SCHENK

  • Judy Earnshaw
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2003
      Hello Group
      I'm researching my g-g'parents and any information would be most
      appreciated.

      Moritz WERTHEIMER born c1850, possibly Pezinka or Pozinok, Hungary. Married
      in Pressburg 1874/79 to Rosa SCHENK born c1857 Pressburg, Hungary.

      Moritz's parents were Bernat WERTHEIMER and Terezia (possibly HIRSCH).
      Rosa's parents were Samuel SCHENK and Betti BOSCHAN.

      Moritz & Rosa arrived in Victoria, Australia from London, on the
      'Lincolnshire' in November 1879.
      Two of their children, Franz b1876, and Charles Herman b1878, were not born
      in Australia. Four other sons were all born in Victoria - Arthur Harcourt,
      Alfred, Harry Edward and Rudolph Lewis.

      Regards,
      Judy Earnshaw (nee Wertheimer)
      Sorrento, Perth, Western Australia
    • John M,
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 8, 2003
        At 01:56 PM 2/9/2003 +0800, you wrote:
        >Hello Group
        >I'm researching my g-g'parents and any information would be most
        >appreciated.
        >
        >Moritz WERTHEIMER born c1850, possibly Pezinka or Pozinok, Hungary. Married
        >in Pressburg 1874/79 to Rosa SCHENK born c1857 Pressburg, Hungary.

        There is a Pezinok just north of Bratislava which was once known as
        Presburg. The LDS have not filmed this region yet so you will have to
        contact the archive in Bratislava for information.

        John M.
      • Vladimir Bohinc
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 9, 2003
          Dear John,
          Sorry, but I must correct this.
          Pezinok is North of Bratislava, and was previously known as Boesing.
          Bratislava was Pressburg.
          Vladimir

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 9, 2003
            Dear Mrs.Earnshow,
            The Pezinok Jewish records are available ;
            births
            1851-1938
            marriages
            1851-1940
            deaths
            1852-1918
            I could have a look in those records for you. Maybe some entries of your family are still there.
            Regards,
            Vladimir Bohinc
            www.konekta.sk

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 9, 2003
              At 09:37 AM 2/9/2003 +0100, you wrote:
              >Dear John,
              >Sorry, but I must correct this.
              >Pezinok is North of Bratislava, and was previously known as Boesing.
              >Bratislava was Pressburg.
              >Vladimir

              That is what I was trying to write and what I meant but it was after
              midnight. ;-) From 1808 to 1863 Bratislava was known as Posonium, Posony,
              Pozsony, Pre(German "ss" ?)burg, and Pressporek.

              John M
            • Vladimir Bohinc
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 9, 2003
                Yes, John, no hard feelings. Happens to me too.I corrected it just to prevent somebody to buy a wrong ticket:-)
                Regards,
                Vladimir
                >Pezinok is North of Bratislava, and was previously known as Boesing.
                >Bratislava was Pressburg.
                >Vladimir

                That is what I was trying to write and what I meant but it was after
                midnight. ;-) From 1808 to 1863 Bratislava was known as Posonium, Posony,
                Pozsony, Pre(German "ss" ?)burg, and Pressporek.

                John M

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor