Re: CANADIAN IMMIGRATION RECORDS

  • Pat Galovich
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2003
      Hi Jim and all: If you mean immigration records when entering Canada, then the National Archives of Canada site is where you should start; click on "Genealogy", and then "Immigration".

      http://www.archives.ca/08/08_e.html

      Also, if you're interested in mining in Saskatchewan, try a "google" search using "Mining in Saskatchewan", or better yet, if you know what type of mining your ancestors were involved in, then try that instead, ie. "Coal mining in Saskatchewan".

      If you want the USA Immigration records, then try NARA (Nat'l Archives & Records Administration) at http://www.archives.gov/

      Regards,
      Pat

      capt jack wrote:

      > My wifes ancestors were from Moravia and entered the States from Canada. They spent perhaps three years in Winnapeg, I believe working in the mines before coming here. Does anyone know where I can search to find immagration records on them?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Jim

    • capt jack
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2003