THANK YOU!

  • akjoha <akjoha@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2003
      Thank you for allowing me to become a member!
      I am fairly new at the geneology search and have along way to go, as
      have barely started.
      My father has been a mystery as to finding out exactly where the
      location was in Austria; For years the place he told us was ZUHAN ,
      Austria.My father said when he came to Ellis Isle in 1900 his
      original name was Yones or Yonas.on his marriage certificate it is
      spelled Jonas,Powul. Needless to say he became Paul Jones.
      He was born in 1885. I know NOT what his mother or fathers names
      were, he never spoke of his father.He had a brother Peter, and from
      what I remember a sister Margaret of which I can not verify.
      He came alone to America but met others on the ship whos names I
      know well as theysettled in the small town where we lived in
      Pennsylvania.
      It is due to one of their relatives that I was told to look in slovak
      geneology as she had found relatives thru them.
      I never thought my dad had a middle name, but a cousin tells me it is
      on the wall as Paul V(Valentine)Jones. So many different stories.
      I am awaiting data from alien registrationsto maybe help in learning
      my grandparents names when my dad registered back then as it was the
      law to do so.Any light on this subject would be a big help, even as
      to where ZUHAN might have been. Thank you, akjoha(anna)