test

  • Richard O. Thompson
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 3, 2003
      test
    • William Kollar <dryflycaster@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 7, 2003
        Sorry to bomb the list, but I haven't received any of my YAHOO group
        mailing for over a week. I have set up another email account to see
        if that works. My ISP blames YAHOO and YAHOO blames my ISP. Some
        fun !!!!

        Ever Wonder?

        __bill kollar

        Upstate New York, USA

        Chasing:

        RIACH, PATERSON, ANDERSON, DAVIDSON
        Ballater, Aberdeenshire, Scotland

        DOWDEN, PHILLIPS, ROGERS
        Newport, Monmouthshire, Wales

        KOLLAR, SEFCOVIC, HESEK, PALKOVIC
        Kuty, Slovakia
      • akjoha <akjoha@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 7, 2003
          I noticed the Anderson at the bottom of your post! My neice was
          married to a Cliff Anderson from Ny state!ANY connection??akjoha(anna)
        • Frank <frankur@att.net>
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 8, 2003
            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "William Kollar
            <dryflycaster@y...>" <dryflycaster@y...> wrote:
            > Sorry to bomb the list, but I haven't received any of my YAHOO group
            > mailing for over a week. I have set up another email account to see
            > if that works. My ISP blames YAHOO and YAHOO blames my ISP. Some
            > fun !!!!

            Kuty (Sk) Jókút (H) is located 36 miles north of Bratislava.

            Since the LDS-Mormons are still microfilming the parish church
            records at the main Bratislava Archive, expect Kuty records are
            not yet available from the LDS.

            You can write the Main Archives (Archív hlavného mesta Bratislavy) to
            research your surname records.
            Their narrative research report will be written in Slovak, not
            English.

            However, the Slovakia telephone directory lists under Kuty.
            5 surnames Kollar
            3 surnames S^efc^ovic^
            9 surnames Hesek
            45 surnames Palkovic^

            > Ever Wonder?
            >
            > __bill kollar
            >
            > Upstate New York, USA
            >
            > Chasing:
            >
            > RIACH, PATERSON, ANDERSON, DAVIDSON
            > Ballater, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
            >
            > DOWDEN, PHILLIPS, ROGERS
            > Newport, Monmouthshire, Wales
            >
            > KOLLAR, SEFCOVIC, HESEK, PALKOVIC
            > Kuty, Slovakia
          • Sharon Hronsky
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 11, 2003
              Hello

              I am tracing my husbands family tree. His father Mirko was born in Pohorela ( which is where Mirko's mother is from) but his grandfather was born in Zavadka. His grandfather was Vojtech and Vojtech's father was Adolf.

              My question is how do I find out where Vojtech was born or died. The only person I can ask is Mirko and he doesn't know.

              I presume that I would need to go to a LDS family search centre and look at microfilm. But how do I know which films I need to look at??

              Thanking you in advanced

              Sharon Hronsky

            • John M,
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 11, 2003
                At 05:33 AM 2/12/2003 +0000, you wrote:
                >Hello
                >
                >I am tracing my husbands family tree. His father Mirko was born in
                >Pohorela ( which is where Mirko's mother is from) but his grandfather was
                >born in Zavadka. His grandfather was Vojtech and Vojtech's father was Adolf.
                >
                >My question is how do I find out where Vojtech was born or died. The only
                >person I can ask is Mirko and he doesn't know.

                It depends on the time frame you're looking for.

                Go to: http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp and
                do a place search on Zavadka. They have the film numbers for the Greek
                Catholic records for the period of 1794 to 1895.

                John M.
              • Frank <frankur@att.net>
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 12, 2003
                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Sharon Hronsky <shronsky@y...>
                  wrote:

                  > Hello
                  >
                  > I am tracing my husbands family tree. His father Mirko was born in
                  Pohorela ( which is where Mirko's mother is from) but his grandfather
                  was born in Zavadka. His grandfather was Vojtech and Vojtech's father
                  was Adolf.

                  > My question is how do I find out where Vojtech was born or died.
                  The only person I can ask is Mirko and he doesn't know.

                  > I presume that I would need to go to a LDS family search centre and
                  look at microfilm. But how do I know which films I need to look at??

                  > Thanking you in advanced
                  >
                  > Sharon Hronsky

                  ahoj

                  Which Za'vadka ?
                  Believe we had this place name query recently ?
                  There are 4 Za'dvadka located in Slovakia.

                  Your male surnames bore interesting first names.

                  Adolf (G) modern form of Germanic given name 'Adalwoff' meaning
                  noble wolf.
                  Adolph (E) (G) (H) (Sk)

                  Wojciech is Polish male given name for (Saint) Adelbert
                  (Svaty' Vojtech)
                  Albert would be the closest modern American name.

                  Albertus (L) = Albert (E)
                  Also Adelbertus, Adalbert, Adelbert.
                  Adelbert or Bela (H)
                  Adelbert (G)

                  Slovak and Czech verions are Vojtech.
                  Vojtech (dim. Vojta, Vojtik, Vojtisek)
                  Wojciech, Wojtek, Wojtus (P)

                  1995 was the 1,000-year anniversary of the death of Saint
                  Adalbert (Svaty' Vojtech), the first Czech bishop from Bohemia.
                  Adalbert is celebrated as the most important Czech saint,
                  preceded only by Saint Wenceslas.
                  He was the single surviver of the massacre of the powerful
                  Slavnikov clan.
                  Two years later, while working as a missionary among the
                  pagan Prussians, they murdered him April 23, 997.

                  Mirko is form of Slavic given name Miroslav meaning peace and glory.
                  (Cz) (Sk) (Cr) (Sl) (Ru)

                • Sharon Hronsky
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 21, 2003
                    Hi John

                    I have tried many times to search Zavadka on the Mormon site but it always comes up with as an error. Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the site?

                    Sharon

                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 21, 2003
                      At 11:08 PM 3/21/2003 +0000, you wrote:

                      >Hi John
                      >
                      >I have tried many times to search Zavadka on the Mormon site but it always
                      >comes up with as an error. Am I doing something wrong or is there
                      >something wrong with the site?
                      >
                      >Sharon

                      There is nothing wrong with the site. I just went there. Here's what I found.

                      Title
                      Cirkevná matrika, 1784-1895
                      Authors
                      Cirkev grécko-katolícka. Farský úrad Závadka (Spisská Nová Ves) (Main Author)
                      Notes
                      Pôvodné dokumenty boli mikrofilmované v Státnom oblastnom archíve v Levoci.
                      Greek Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages and deaths for
                      Závadka, Slovakia, formerly known as Zavadka, Szepes, Hungary. Text in
                      Latin and Hungarian.
                      Subjects
                      Hungary, Szepes, Zavadka - Church records
                      Slovakia, Závadka - Church records
                      Format
                      Manuscript (On Film)
                      Language
                      Hungarian
                      Latin
                      Publication
                      Salt Lake City : Mikrofilmované The Genealogical Society of Utah, 1992
                      Physical
                      na 2 mikrofilmovaných kotucoch ; 35 mm.
                      Film Notes
                      Note - Location [Film]

                      Krstení 1784-1786 - FHL INTL Film [ 1791925 Item 8 ]

                      Krstení 1786-1819 Sobásení 1784-1821 Zomrelí 1784-1822 Krstení 1819-1835
                      Sobásení 1822-1835 Zomrelí 1822-1834 Krstení 1835-1883 Zomrelí 1835-1879
                      Krstení 1884-1895 - FHL INTL Film [ 1791926 Items 1-6 ]

                      © 2000 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.

                      John M.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 21, 2003
                        Thanks John

                        I don't know what I did wrong. I clicked on Place Name and then entered Zavadka. Should I have done something else?

                        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                      • John M,
                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 21, 2003
                          At 01:06 AM 3/22/2003 +0000, you wrote:

                          >Thanks John
                          >
                          >I don't know what I did wrong. I clicked on Place Name and then entered
                          >Zavadka. Should I have done something else?

                          That should have brought up a window with the following highlighted:

                          Hungary, Szepes, Zavadka
                          Slovakia, Závadka

                          clicking on one of the above should take you on further just click on
                          highlighted names and then finally on the "View Film Notes" button.

                          John M.
                        • Nick Holcz
                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 24, 2003
                          • Carey Butcher