Re: [S-R] rusic

  • Alan Antoska
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
      Sue,
      Others have given you the web address for the Slovak
      white pages to ring/write for current family members.
      The Australian National Archives located in Chester Hill,
      NSW have the passenger lists for arrivees.
      You may know that Czechoslovakia only came to be in 1919
      after WW1. Before that it was known as Upper Hungary for
      abt 1,000 years.
      Church registers for birth, death & marriages have been
      microfilmed by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day
      Saints (LDS or Mormans) up to about 1895 usually. There
      are many of their history libraries throughout Oz.
      Firstly check their data base on the web to see if they
      hold microfilm for your village of interest.

      If your search is for ancestors
      --- Ronald Condie <jacusie@...> wrote: > HI
      EVERYONE AT SLOVAK-ROOTS
      > I'M SEARCHING FOR MY FATHERS RELATIVES OR ANY
      > INFORMATION
      > ABOUT NOVA SEDLICA IN CZECHOLSLAVCIA.
      > MY FATHERS NAME JURAH RUSIC BORN IN 1925 IN NOVA
      > SEDLICA
      > HE CAME TO AUSTRALIA IN 1949. HIS MOTHERS NAME WAS
      > HELENA BLAHAOVA AND HIS FATHER WAS IPIZAS RUSIC.
      > HE HAD 4 BROTHERS AND I SISTER.
      > I HAVE LITTLE TO GO ON
      > MANY THANKS
      > SUE LOMAS (NEE) RUSIC

      - What's on at your local cinema?
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 16, 2003
        Sue,
        Just saw this note. In case you are still monitoring this list,
        please drop me a note. I have family from Nova Sedlica, and am in
        touch with the Rusic family regularly. bill <at> iabsi <dot> com
        Bill Tarkulich

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Ronald Condie" <jacusie@b...>