rusic

  • Ronald Condie
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2003
      HI EVERYONE AT SLOVAK-ROOTS
      I'M SEARCHING FOR MY FATHERS RELATIVES OR ANY INFORMATION
      ABOUT NOVA SEDLICA IN CZECHOLSLAVCIA.
      MY FATHERS NAME JURAH RUSIC BORN IN 1925 IN NOVA SEDLICA
      HE CAME TO AUSTRALIA IN 1949. HIS MOTHERS NAME WAS
      HELENA BLAHAOVA AND HIS FATHER WAS IPIZAS RUSIC.
      HE HAD 4 BROTHERS AND I SISTER.
      I HAVE LITTLE TO GO ON
      MANY THANKS
      SUE LOMAS (NEE) RUSIC

    • John M,
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2003
        At 04:13 PM 2/2/2003 +1100, you wrote:
        >HI EVERYONE AT SLOVAK-ROOTS
        >I'M SEARCHING FOR MY FATHERS RELATIVES OR ANY INFORMATION
        >ABOUT NOVA SEDLICA IN CZECHOLSLAVCIA.
        >MY FATHERS NAME JURAH RUSIC BORN IN 1925 IN NOVA SEDLICA

        There are 4 Rusic llisted in the Slovak online directory for Nova Selica:

        Mária Rusicová Nová Sedlica
        MVDr. Michal Rusic Nová Sedlica
        Vasil Rusic Nová Sedlica
        Zuzana Rusicová Nová Sedlica

        You can find their address and phone number at
        http://www.zoznamst.sk/eng/index.html

        John

        >HE CAME TO AUSTRALIA IN 1949. HIS MOTHERS NAME WAS
        >HELENA BLAHAOVA AND HIS FATHER WAS IPIZAS RUSIC.
        >HE HAD 4 BROTHERS AND I SISTER.
        >I HAVE LITTLE TO GO ON
        >MANY THANKS
        >SUE LOMAS (NEE) RUSIC

        >To unsubscribe from this group, go to

      • John M,
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2003
          At 04:13 PM 2/2/2003 +1100, you wrote:
          >HI EVERYONE AT SLOVAK-ROOTS
          >I'M SEARCHING FOR MY FATHERS RELATIVES OR ANY INFORMATION
          >ABOUT NOVA SEDLICA IN CZECHOLSLAVCIA.
          >MY FATHERS NAME JURAH RUSIC BORN IN 1925 IN NOVA SEDLICA

          Try this site for information on Nova
          Sedlica http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/wooden_church_at_nova_sedlica.htm

          John M.
        • Alan Antoska
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
            Sue,
            Others have given you the web address for the Slovak
            white pages to ring/write for current family members.
            The Australian National Archives located in Chester Hill,
            NSW have the passenger lists for arrivees.
            You may know that Czechoslovakia only came to be in 1919
            after WW1. Before that it was known as Upper Hungary for
            abt 1,000 years.
            Church registers for birth, death & marriages have been
            microfilmed by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day
            Saints (LDS or Mormans) up to about 1895 usually. There
            are many of their history libraries throughout Oz.
            Firstly check their data base on the web to see if they
            hold microfilm for your village of interest.

            If your search is for ancestors
            --- Ronald Condie <jacusie@...> wrote: > HI
            EVERYONE AT SLOVAK-ROOTS
            > I'M SEARCHING FOR MY FATHERS RELATIVES OR ANY
            > INFORMATION
            > ABOUT NOVA SEDLICA IN CZECHOLSLAVCIA.
            > MY FATHERS NAME JURAH RUSIC BORN IN 1925 IN NOVA
            > SEDLICA
            > HE CAME TO AUSTRALIA IN 1949. HIS MOTHERS NAME WAS
            > HELENA BLAHAOVA AND HIS FATHER WAS IPIZAS RUSIC.
            > HE HAD 4 BROTHERS AND I SISTER.
            > I HAVE LITTLE TO GO ON
            > MANY THANKS
            > SUE LOMAS (NEE) RUSIC

            - What's on at your local cinema?
          • Bill
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 16, 2003
              Sue,
              Just saw this note. In case you are still monitoring this list,
              please drop me a note. I have family from Nova Sedlica, and am in
              touch with the Rusic family regularly. bill <at> iabsi <dot> com
              Bill Tarkulich

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Ronald Condie" <jacusie@b...>