Re: [S-R] Seeking Strasburg info

  • Thomas Reimer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2003
      It's a tad far from the Carpathian mountains. Actually, on my father's side, my ancestors come from the Elbing area, which, as Strasburg, used to be in West Prussia before the ethnic cleansing of its native German inhabitants in 1945-47.

      Strasburg church records are listed here:
      http://www.westpreussen.de/kirchenbuecher/kbstrasburg.htm

      There is a mailing list for genealogy in east and west prussia at
      http://www.ostpreussen-forum.de/
      The welcome page talks mainly about East Prussia but the list (of which I am a member) includes West Prussia as well. German but also some English are used.

      Alles Gute

      Thomas