Re: [S-R] Siwak

  • John M,
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2003
      At 07:59 AM 1/30/2003 -0500, you wrote:
      >Does the name Siwak sound familiar to anyone? My husband's grandmother -
      >Anna Kuriplach lists her father as John and her mother as Anna Siwak on
      >her marriage entry at St Kunegunda's RCC in McAdoo, PA

      I found an Anna Kuriplach traveling with her father Janos on the Ellis
      Island database. They were listed as Slovak from Aloshalas which is now
      known as Niz^na Rybnica. They arrived on December 9th, 1907. Her mother
      is listed as Janasy (sp) which I believe can be interpreted as Mrs. Janos
      Kuriplach.

      John M.