Re: [S-R] Rancik/Ranchik?

  • JPasqua342@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2003
      I went to school with an Edward Ranchick....................I am not sure of
      the spelling now, it has been over 35 years ago, but I can check my yearbook
      if you want...........If I can find it!!

      I went to school in Morgantown, WV..............I know Eddie still lives
      there, my brother has seen him in the past few months.

      Joann

    • John M,
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2003
        At 01:40 PM 1/30/2003 +0000, you wrote:
        > > Using http://www.zoznamst.sk/eng/index.html I found one Ranc^ik
        > > (pronounced Ranchik) in Bratislava, Presov and Bardejov. It does
        >not
        > > appear to be too common in Slovakia.
        > >
        > > John M.
        >
        >Perhaps its Czech then?

        I checked the Czech directory county by county and could only come up with:

        Jihomoravsky (county)
        Rancik Jan Milotice 159
        Rancik Jaroslav Vacenovice 446
        Rancik Svatopluk Hysly 44
        Rancikova Anezka Hysly 42
        Rancikova Anna Vacenovice 683

        Zlinsky (county)
        Rancik Petr U Zdrave vody 855, Korycan

        Although they exist in CZ, there are not many. I tried Ranchik but in
        Czech and Slovak, as i anticipated, there were none shown because both use
        the "c^" with the diacritic mark for "ch".

        John M.