Regula/Surek/Kuriplach

  • Elizabeth Dente
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2003
      Hello - I was wondering if anyone is doing research on either the name Regula or Surek or Kuriplach. All came from the Galicia/Ruthania area in the 1890's to 1900's. Also, do we have a way of researching old place names? A. Ribniczl and/or A. Ribnicki keep coming up in my research. Thanks
      Liz, Jerry, Pumpkin, Sweet Pea and Angel
      Brookfort Dachshund Resort
      DRNA in New Jersey

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 24, 2003
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Elizabeth Dente <brookft@c...>
        wrote:
        > Hello - I was wondering if anyone is doing research on either the
        name Regula or Surek or Kuriplach. All came from the Galicia/Ruthania
        area in the 1890's to 1900's. Also, do we have a way of researching
        old place names? A. Ribniczl and/or A. Ribnicki keep coming up in my
        research. Thanks
        > Liz, Jerry, Pumpkin, Sweet Pea and Angel
        > Brookfort Dachshund Resort
        > DRNA in New Jersey

        re: A.Ribniczi

        ahoj

        Before WW I, Slovakia was part of Upper Hungary (Felvidék) and
        part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire (1867-1918) and earlier a
        part of Hungary under the Austrian Empire.
        Hungarian names were used for towns and counties.

        Alsó means 'lower' in Hungarian.
        Niz^ná means 'lower' in Slovak.
        Alsóribnyice (H) Niz^ná Rybnica (Sk) was a former Ruthenian village
        once located in old Ung megye (county), Hungary.

        The LDS-Mormons filmed the Greek Catholic parish registers of births,
        marriages and deaths (1820-1910) for Niz^ná Rybnica, Slovakia;
        formerly Alsó-Ribnyicza (or Alsóhalas), Ung, Hungary.
        Text in Latin, Hungarian and Ruthenian.

        film #
        1792925
        1792926